We place cookies onto your computer to help make this website better. Without them, this site would not function correctly or be able to collect information to make your experience better. By continuing to use this site, we'll assume you're OK with this. Read more about our Privacy & Cookies.
About this expert
Aoife is mum to two children under the age of seven and is an accredited parent and life coach, as well as founder of Parent Support.
She facilitates parenting groups and talks in childcare settings, while also providing staff training and private consultations with professionals in the childcare field and for parents in their own home. Aoife currently works as a Parent Coach for Giraffe Childcare and is the expert provider for Aviva's corporate wellness programme, providing support for working parents.
Aoife offers parents easy-to-learn skills and a variety of parenting tools that she knows are effective and practical in helping the parent build a calmer and happier home. The logical techniques and foundations for discipline offer the parent basics for creating their own unique parenting style. Aoife’s practical and non-judgemental approach has proven to be very effective and helpful for both parents and their families.
Aoife previously worked for over 12 years with the Health Service Executive as part of an Early Intervention team and Social Work team supporting families with the many challenges of parenting, working one-to-one in the family home as well as facilitating parenting groups.
She has a Bachelor of Arts Degree and a Diploma in Applied Social Studies from The Institute of Technology, Sligo, and a Diploma in Parent Coaching.
Articles by this expert
- How can I use consequences to change my child’s behaviour?
- Parent support on biting
- Top tips on being assertive with your child
- Are you listening to me?
- Separation anxiety – when it’s hard to say goodbye
- The fairies love soothers too, you know!
- Toilet training: Three steps forward, two steps back!
- Bathtime battles
- Managing sleep during our working week
- Managing sibling rivalry over the Christmas season
- New Year, New Routine
- Sharing is caring: Teaching your toddler to share
- Fussy eaters: Encouraging healthy eating habits
- Nail-biting: Breaking the habit
- Work & home life balance: How do we do it?
- Understanding postnatal depression
- Combat car seat woes
- Moving out of your bed and into theirs!
- When our children make strange
- Toddlers and their baby siblings
- Striking the balance between winning and losing
- Travelling with tots
- Making time for play time
- Summer-time parenting
- Children’s screen time and their limits
- From toddlers to school children: Helping your child navigate friendships
- Encouraging your child’s positive self-esteem
- Settling into school - two months on
- Thumbsucking: How to help kick the habit
- Being a step-parent
- Siblings at bedtime
- Supporting children about staying safe
- Children and sweet treats
- The importance of consistent parenting
- Children telling fibs? Here's what to do
- Nightmares versus night terrors
- Avoid war over brushing teeth
- Helping your children manage their feelings
- Hitting out: Supporting young children’s behaviours
- Encouraging independence: Learning new skills - your role as teacher
- A child’s understanding of bereavement and the loss of a loved one
- How to say ‘yes’ or ‘no’ effectively to your children
- Toilet troubles: When my child won’t poo
- Creating positive habits to encourage sleep
- Supporting children through parental separation
- Making a plan to stay calm
- Making eating out with toddlers easy!