Being a mum is hard work. Yes, we love every single minute of it, but it should come with a manual - especially when it comes to life lessons you need to teach your child.
From showing them how to tie their laces to working the dishwasher, being a mum means you are constantly teaching your child the things they need to grow into strong, healthy adults.
But there are a few that are of upmost importance; things that will mould and shape your youngster into adults you are proud of.
1. To say no
2. To not be afraid of trying new things - facing fears will mould and shape them
3. To say yes - to new food, friends and love
4. To do what they believe in - no matter what others may think
5. To wear what they want. Always.
6. To push themselves as far as they can go
7. To never feel like they can’t do something
8. To never give up. Ever.
9. To be kind - to everyone, especially those who are unkind to them
10. To help others - even those who they don’t think deserve it
11. To read - and love books
12. To dance - in the rain
13. To love - regardless of gender, status, colour, religion
14. To laugh
15. To admit when they are wrong
16. To apologise when they do wrong
17. To walk away from people who bring them down
18. To be who they are