Choosing a name for your baby is, undeniably, one of the hardest jobs you, as a mum, has to do.
The responsibility of giving then a moniker that is cute when they're a kid and sophisticated when they're older truly is a mammoth task, and one that requires the entire nine months to finally settle on.
Yes, some mums are lucky to be able to settle on one fairly quickly, but these women are few and far between, and most of us will enter motherhood with about ten A4 sheets of paper filled with names from A - Z.
If you are currently working your way through the baby-naming mist, you are BOUND to be able to relate to the following ten thoughts that (nearly) every mum has when dismissing a name. If not, than you are very (very) lucky!
1. "That's WAY too long for such a tiny person"
2. "Eh, is that even a name?"
3. "Nope. I know WAY too many kids with that name"
4. "Nope, I knew a person in school who used to pick their nose with the same name"
5. "Not cute enough"
6. "Not 'unique' enough"
7. "Would ANYONE name their child this?"
8. "I like it. Oh wait, I know about a MILLION people with the same name"
9. "Nope, too old-fashioned"
10. "Not old-fashioned enough"
11. "That's totally a made up name"
12. "I knew someone who had a dog with the same name"
13. "Nope. That's the name of my first boyfriend"
14. "No way. That's the name of your ex"
15. "It can't be shortened to something cute"
16. "Their classmates will totally shorten that to something rude"
17. "Now that's just asking for trouble"
18. "No way will the Mother-In-Law write that on a birthday card"
19. "It doesn't match their surname"
20. "It doesn't go with their older sibling's name"
21. "It's definitely not the name of a future president"
22. "It sounds like a piece of fruit"
23. "This name is not even fit for the dog"