While you can be sure your baby will be worth every single cent, the truth is that becoming a parent can be very expensive. A survey recently carried out by Aldi has revealed that Irish parents spend thousands on their child in the first year of its life:
- 38% said they spent between €1,000 and €5,000
- 45% said they spent between €5,000 and €10,000
- 10% said they spent between €10,000 and €15,000
- 7% said they spent over €15,000
The first month of the baby’s life, as well as the lead up to the birth is also a very expensive time, with the average spend in the first month, on the baby, being on average €1,040. Most parents had bought big-ticket items prior to the baby’s arrival.
It may seem overwhelming for new parents when they are told about the absolute must-have items that they need ahead of a new baby. Essentials and big-ticket items purchased included:
- Buggies/Travel Systems
- Baby Carrier
- Baby Clothes
- Cot – including bedding & mattress
- Bedroom furniture
- Breast Pump
- Baby Monitor
- Feeding Cushions
- Moses Basket
- Baby Bath or Bath Seat for bigger bath
When asked about preferences about items like nappies, wipes, creams etc., 42% of Irish parents switch between a mix of branded and own brand items, depending on costs, quality, special offers etc. There is great news for new parents, because Aldi’s won Most Awarded Supermarket at the National Parenting Product Awards 2020 and the latest Amazing Grocery 6 Offers includes the 24 Pack of Mamia Newborn Nappies in Size 1 for only 69 cent (down from €1.39)! That’s a 50% saving on nappies that took home Gold at the 2020 National Parenting Product Awards.
This unbeatable value Amazing Grocery 6 offer also includes:
- Coated Rice Cakes €0.39/100g (Was €0.69) – Perfect for lunch boxes now that the kids are back in school!
- Thick Bleach €0.39/750ml (Was €0.62)
- Caramel Wafer Bars €0.69/224g (Was €1.19)
- Chicken Goujons (Plain or Southern Fried) €0.69/320g (Was €1.49)
- Gráinne’s Bakery Rich Fruit Loaf €0.69/490g (Was €1.29).
From fresh meats, fruit and veg to cheeses, eggs, nappies and washing powder, you’ll find excellent quality and value on everything you need with Aldi’s Amazing Grocery 6 and Super 6 Offers, in store, every fortnight!
Did you know?
Aldi recently announced its continued commitment to parents in Ireland by making available newborn nappies from its award winning Mamia range to maternity hospitals across the country, with The Rotunda Hospital being the first to avail of this offer. The initiative is available to all maternity hospitals across the country. Aldi is encouraging all maternity hospitals to get in touch by emailing email@example.com