Located in North Yorkshire, York is a real family-friendly city with loads on offer. Even though it is only a short plane trip away, once you arrive in the city, you will feel like you have stepped back in time.
Whether you are after outdoor adventures or something a little more relaxed there is plenty to do in this wonderful location.
1. Enjoy an 80 minute journey through 2000 years of York's dark history at the York Dungeon.
2. Travel around the city in style on vintage London Bus tours, Yorkshire Belles.
3. For those seeking a little water adventure, take the kids and head along to Allerthorpe Lakeland Park Watersports Centre.
4. If the bustle of the city gets too much head rent some bikes and head to the moors of North York.
5. The York Maze located at Elvington Lane is a must see and will provide hours of entertainment for everyone.
6. If you are after a bit of a scare get involved in the Original Ghost Walk of York.
7. For a view with a difference, hope aboard a Yorkboat River Cruise.
8. If you are travelling with small kids then head along to The Web Adventure Park where there are plety of indoor and outdoor pursuits to keep them happy an entertained.
image via Pinterest