Anyone who has had a baby will know that newborns are a lot of work. Like, A LOT.
However, while they can seem slightly overwhelming in the first few weeks as you try to (somewhat) stick to your normal routine, over time you will literally become a pro at the mummy thing.
In fact, by Baby's first birthday you will have the following nine things down to a tee.
1. RBF* That’s Resting Bitch Face to you and I
The face that says “I couldn’t give two bananas what you think” without actually saying and the face that shows your true feelings.
2. The ability to hold multiple items in your hands WITHOUT dropping them
Baby on your hip, phone resting between your neck and your ear, AND stirring the dinner at the same time – mums really are amazing.
3. The ability to catch Baby without even raising an eyebrow
In particular when they are just about to fall off the couch...
4. The ability to survive on three hours of sleep
5. Being able to hold a conversation even though one ear is listening for Baby
See, women ARE the ultimate at multitasking.
6. Doing your make-up with one hand
The other one is usually holding the bottle in your baby’s mouth or rocking the cot to keep them asleep.
7. The ability to tell how long you have until you need to change the nappy
If the nappy isn't hanging off it’s grand, right...?!
8. The ability to ignore the smell of sick on the back of your jacket
Before you were paranoid that everyone could smell it, now it’s not even on your radar anymore.
9. Getting EVERYTHING done in a five minute shower
There is just no time for anything longer!