Kilkenny Arts Festival is delighted to welcome back to the Marble City, Architects of Air with a brand-new luminarium: Katena.
This luminarium takes its name from the catenary curve – the shape a chain forms when suspended between two points. It’s a form used in some of the world’s most celebrated buildings, including Gaudi’s Sagrada Familia, and Katena is filled with more than a hundred of them!
With its breathtaking main dome, reminiscent of a Hindu temple, and dozens of intriguing chambers waiting to be explored, Katena is an awe-inspiring experience for all the family to enjoy.
Times and dates:
- Saturday, 6th August: 11am-6pm
- Sunday, 7th August: 11am-6pm
- Monday, 8th August: 12pm-6pm
- Tuesday, 9th August: 12pm-6pm
- Wednesday, 10th August: 12pm-6pm
- Thursday, 11th August: 12pm-6pm
- Friday, 12th August: 12pm-6pm
- Saturday, 13th August: 11am-6pm
- Sunday, 14th August: 11am-6pm
Tickets priced €5 can only be purchased on the day you wish to attend at the Castle gate
For more information, click here.