Tasty succulent lamb chops make the perfect summertime midweek meal or weekend lunch. Packed full of flavour and ready in minutes – what more could you ask for!
Time: 30 minutes
• 4 lamb chops or steaks
• 1 lemon, zest and juice
• 1 orange, zest and juice
• Pinch of cinnamon
• 3 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
• 6 tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
• 1⁄2 red onion, peeled and chopped
• 2 tablespoons of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
• 2 tablespoons of mint, chopped
• 1 teaspoon cumin powder
• 1 lemon, juice only
• 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• Salt and pepper
- Put one tablespoon of both the orange and lemon zest, the lemon juice and juice of half the orange into a dish and add the cinnamon and garlic olive oil.
- Mix together and coat the lamb chops all over with the marinade. Cover and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare the salad: Mix together the tomatoes, red onion, parsley, mint, cumin, juice of the second lemon, olive oil and seasoning.
- Pre-heat the griddle or barbeque. Drain the lamb chops and remove any excess marinade.
- Cook on the griddle or barbeque for 3-4 minutes on each side on a medium heat. Leave to rest for 2 minutes.
- Serve with the tomato salad and bread.
Chef’s Tip: The meat will be even tastier if you leave it to marinate for longer. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
Always look for the Bord Bia Quality Mark on lamb so that you will know it has been produced to the highest Bord Bia quality standards and where it comes from. That means you can relax and enjoy it even more.