Whether you're normally a healthy eater or spend most of your time wishing you were, there's one day of the year where we all outdo ourselves in the chocolate stakes and that, ladies, was last Sunday.
This isn't the time to feel guilty however! How can you be expected to stick to a healthy eating plan if you don't go completely over-the-top from time to time?!
No, this is the time to reflect on the thoughts we all had at the beginning of this week and vow to ourselves to move slowly on from the chocolate frenzy we took part in with gusto.
If you didn't have at least one of these thoughts today, then frankly you didn't commit to Easter Sunday with as much dedication as the rest of us!
1. I never want to see another piece of chocolate as long as I live.
But if I don’t eat this last piece of egg now, it’ll only delay my new healthy nutrition plan!
2. I should have hidden the kids’ eggs and doled them out as treats over the course of six months.
They’d have ambushed me and left me for dead though, right?
3. I’ll be finding crumpled gold foil around the house for weeks.
It’ll remind me that neither me nor my family have a jot of willpower.
4. No one cared about my roast dinner after a breakfast and lunch of melted chocolate.
I’m glad I burnt the lamb and we ate Granny's eggs instead.
5. I’m going to book a dentist appointment for the entire family this week.
It’s all fun and games until they don’t have a tooth in their heads left.
6. Should I have stopped that fight over the last egg instead of jeering the loser?
What does chocolate do to me?
7. Easter is the only time my chocolate fondue set looks normal.
See you next year, you bargain buy, you!
8. That Easter Egg hunt was for the kids, so why was my husband in the biggest chocolate coma of everyone?
I must speak to him later about that.
9. If I divide the number of eggs my children got by three, it will seem like a reasonable amount, right?
Must remember that for the next PTA meeting.
10. That’s it, I’m officially finished with chocolate and couldn’t feel happier about it!
Oooh, a bag of mini eggs!