Crafts are always exciting when they’re helping out our furry and feathered friends, and this bottle bird feeder is also helping the environment. If you’re looking for a fun idea for recycling your used plastic bottles, this is a handy tip.
What you will need:
- Empty 1L or 2L plastic drink bottle
- Take the end of your bottle and, using a scissors, cut the bottom third of the plastic.
- Cut the top section of bottle just above the top curve, as pictured.
- Take your paints and brush, and decorate your feeder your design of preference.
- Once dry, take the bottle lid and make a hole big enough to fit some twine through. You may need a knife to do this, so be very careful.
- Thread your twine through, and secure in a not at the other side.
- Slip the top piece of the bottle over the other, and hand from a tree branch.
- Fill with tasty food for your feathered friends.
Images via Pinterest