This beautiful autumnal creation uses the papier-maché method that is behind so many exciting craft projects. Not only will the kids love the layering process, but the finished product will look amazing on your coffee table or in the playroom.
What you will need:
- A good selection of autumn leaves
- A balloon
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of water
What to do:
- First, mix up your papier-maché solution by mixing a cup of flour together with a cup of water. Add a few teaspoons of salt in order to prevent mould developing.
- Inflate your balloon and tie at the top.
- Take your paintbrush and add a layer of papier-maché solution to the base of the balloon. Add on a layer of leaves around the balloon, stopping about a third of the way up.
- Leave the balloon aside to dry – you might want to hang it from some thread, or place it upside-down in a container, in order to prevent the leaves from moving.
- Once the base layer is dry, repeat the pasting step. Leave it to dry as before, then repeat the step again until you are happy with the thickness of your bowl.
- Once the bowl is dry and complete, take a pin and pop the balloon. This will leave behind a beautiful autumn leaf bowl.
- If you want to add a sheen to the bowl, paint on a layer of varnish.
Images via Pinterest