The best crafts are often the simplest, and this is an age-old DIY trick that children will love. Even better, it can be rolled out again and again, and the results will always be unique.
What you will need:
- Large stones in various shapes
- Varnish to decorate
- Either decide on a theme or idea (e.g. fish, ladybirds, penguins, etc.), or let your child’s creative juices flow with an abstract design.
- Paint one side of the stone with your design, then leave it to dry by placing it – unpainted-side down – on some old newspaper.
- Once you are sure that your stone is dry, go ahead and paint the other side.
- When the entire stone is dry, apply some varnish to give it a nice, smooth finish.
Images via Pinterest