When things get hectic, we all need a moment of peace and a shift of focus. And what better way to soothe your soul or calm an anxious child, than with a glitter jar?
Magical i every way, the glitter jars are quick to create and can be used as a toy or for relaxation.
What you will need:
- A clean jar or plastic bottle
- A funnel
- Glitter glue in assorted colours
- Fine glitter and/ or chunky glitter
- Food colouring
1. Half fill the jar or bottle with water.
2. Add in the glitter glue and mix until combined.
3. Once the glue has dissolved, add in the food colouring, a few drops should be enough – otherwise you won’t see the glitter.
4. Add your glitter, stirring as you go to check the consistency.
5. Fill up the rest of the jar with water, but don’t overfill.
6. Pop the lid on and shake... now then watch the magic happen.
This is a mindfulness jar. The glitter represents your thoughts and emotions. As the glitter settles and you sit still, notice your breath and your thoughts will settle too. How to make your own: 1. Fill a jar with water. 2. Add fine glitter. 3. Seal tightly, and shake it up! 4. Watch the particles and your mind settle.
Image of child with glitter jar, Credit: Pinterest