We’re still a long way off packing up the car and heading to the seaside for the day, but that doesn’t mean your little ones can’t explore all that the beach has to offer. This super-cool – not to mention super-easy – craft will bring the beach to the playroom and spark curiosity in young minds.
What you need:
- An empty plastic bottle
- A clear plastic bag
- Blue or green food colouring
What to do:
- Cut the handles off your bag. Cut one side of the bag so that, when you lay it out flat, you end up with one sheet of plastic.
- Gather a clump of plastic in the middle of the bag and tie a piece of string loosely around it.
- Now, take your scissors and cut the remaining plastic into thin strips reaching right up to the ‘head’.
- Place the head under the tap and fill it with water. Then, tighten the string around the head to keep the water from spilling out.
- Fill you bottle with water, adding a few drops of food colouring to give it the blue-green colour of the sea.
- Stuff your plastic bag carefully into the bottle and replace the top. Your plastic bag should look like a jellyfish, floating under the weight of the water-filled head.
Images via Pinterest