The Valentine’s Mini Cakes are perfect to make with the kids while the Strawberry Delight Muffins and the Mini Amaretto Chocolate Hearts will no doubt ignite your hubby’s passionate side this February 14th. The muffins are crammed full of fresh strawberries and the chocolate ganache hearts are kissed with Amaretto liqueur.
Strawberry Delight Muffins
450g Plain Flour and 1 1⁄2 tsp for dusting
1 1⁄2 tsp Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
1⁄2 tsp Salt
2 medium eggs
2 tsp Dr. Oetker Vanilla extract
450g fresh or dry strawberries
1. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together. In a separate bowl, cut the strawberries into bite size piece, toss them in a sieve with 1 1/2 tsp of plain flour to lightly coat them.
2. Cream the butter and sugar with electric hand held mixer until they become fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs and beat until combined. Mix in the vanilla extract.
3. Add the flour mix and beat them until they have combined fully. Add milk and beat till all are mixed well. Using a spatula fold the strawberries in the mix and keep it ready.
4. Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease the muffin pan and divide the batter among the cups evenly.
5. Bake for about 20-25 min.
6. Transfer it to the wired rack to cool.
Mini Amaretto Chocolate Hearts
50g caster sugar
1 medium egg
40g plain flour
1⁄2 tsp Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
10g cocoa powder
2 tbsp amaretto
100ml whipping cream
Chocolate Hearts or other cake decorations
For the ganache
41⁄2 tbsp double cream
100g Dr. Oetker continental Plain Chocolate
1 tsp butter
1. Heat the oven to 180°C. Grease and base line 20cm sandwich tin. Whisk the sugar and egg together until pale and thick. Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa into a bowl, then fold into the egg mix. Pour into the prepared tin and level.
2. Bake for 12-15 mins until cooked through. Cool on a wire rack, then cut out four 7cm hearts using a cutter. Drizzle each heart-shape sponge with 1⁄2tbsp amaretto.
3. For the ganache, heat double cream until hot, but not boiling; add the chocolate and butter and leave to melt. Stir briefly until smooth and leave to cool.
4. Whisk the whipping cream until thick, then use to sandwich together each pair of cake hearts.
5. Using a teaspoon, smooth cooled ganache on top of the cakes and sprinkle with chocolate hearts or other pretty decorations.
Valentine’s Mini Cakes
250 g butter
125 g Dr Oetker Continental dark chocolate
300 g caster sugar
3 large eggs
100 g wheat flour
50 g cocoa
1 tsp Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
75 g Dr Oetker Continental dark chocolate, broken into pieces
75 g Dr Oetker Continental milk chocolate, broken into pieces
75 g Dr Oetker Continental white chocolate, broken into pieces
1. Melt butter and 125 g Dr Oetker Continental dark chocolate in a saucepan over low heat.
2. Whisk eggs and sugar until foamy and fluffy.
3. Fold in the flour, cocoa and baking powder.
4. When fully combined, stir in the remaining chopped chocolate.
5. Pour into heart shape muffin tins.
6. Bake at 180 ° C for approx. 20 min until baked through.
7. Cool cakes on a wire rack.
8. Decorate with romantic message to your loved one.