Kids love the festive atmosphere of Halloween, and decorating the house in the run-up to the big day is a great way of building the excitement.
If your little ones are as obsessed by Pokémon as ours are, then they will love getting the paint out for this fun and simple DIY craft project.
What you will need:
- Paint in shades of white, yellow, black and red
- Gloss or varnish (optional)
- Black tape
What to do:
1. Lay out your newspaper, then place your first pumpkin down.
2. Paint it white all over, to serve as a base for the stronger colours.
3. Reach for your yellow paint and coat your pumpkin in the bold shade. Leave to dry.
4. When the yellow paint has dried, grab a pencil and, using the cartoon for guidance, draw on the outlines of Pikachu’s eyes, mouth, nose and cheeks. Fill them in with paint, and leave the pumpkin to dry.
5. To create the tail and ears, simply draw them onto some cardboard, cut them out, and glue them on to the pumpkin.
For the Pokéball
1. As with Pikachu, begin by coating the entire pumpkin with white paint.
2. Once the white paint is dry, find the halfway point on the pumpkin and coat the top-half in red paint.
3. Once the paint is dry, take a strip of black tape and wrap it around the circumference of the pumpkin.
4. Create the ‘button’ on the front using card and paper, and stick it on with your glue.
Tip: If you want to add a shiny finish to your pumpkins, paint on some gloss or varnish.
Images via Pinterest.