To inspire young people to create their own animation, The Ark is delighted to host Song of the Sea: The Exhibition until Wednesday, 31st August.
This beautiful exhibition gives a behind-the-scenes glimpse at the making of the Oscar® nominated film by Irish animation company Cartoon Saloon. There will also be two FREE special events around it:
Meet the Animator: Rory Conway, one of Cartoon Saloon’s brilliant animators will be there on three more Saturdays to share some behind-the-scenes secrets about creating the film and to answer your animation questions (Saturday, 30th July, Saturday, 13th and Saturday 27th August).
Children’s Animations Screening: On the last weekend of the exhibition, sit back and look at some the animations that were made by children over the course of the summer. A great chance to see the work of the animators of the future. Showing on rotation in the Theatre throughout the day (Saturday, 27th and Sunday, 28th August)
Children that are inspired by this beautiful exhibition can get involved and try their own hand at animation, with the summer camps and workshop happening in the ark throughout the summer:
- Intro To Animation - 5 Day Summer Camp (Mon 11-Fri 15 July or Mon 25 - Fri 29 July)
- Making the Film - 5 Day Animation Camp (8 Aug - 12 Aug)
- Lego Animation Workshops (17 Aug - 19 Aug)
- Character Design Workshop: Shapeshifters (20 Jul - 4 Aug)
- Story Doodles Family Workshop (18 Jun - 20 Aug)
- Early Years Workshops: Moving Pictures. (11 Jun - 19 Jul)
- Building Characters: Sea Creature Creations (22 Jul - 6 Aug)
- Ceardlann Beochana (24 Jul)
For more information and to book camps, click here.