My little boy started 'big' school a few weeks ago so I decided to paint the inside of his lunchbox with chalk paint, so I could leave him little surprise notes everyday.
Some days I just draw a little smiley face but it's a nice little surprise for him everyday.
Chalk paint is so easy to make and also highly addictive, you can literally paint anything with this and it's so cheap to make.
1 x Lunch Box
1 Tablespoon of Tile Grout
1 x cup of Acrylic Paint
1 x Paintbrush
1) Put one tablespoon of tile grout into a bowl.
2) Add in one tablespoon acrylic paint. I normally use a tester paint pot that you can buy in your local hardware shop. You can use any colour paint but the darker colours work better.
3) You may need to add more paint or more tile grout to get the right consistency.
4) Mix really well until you get rid of all the lumps and bumps.
5) It should be smooth and not too thick.
6) Once you are happy, paint the inside of your lunch box and leave to dry.
7) Once day you can draw away with your chalk leaving a secret message for your little one.