Mermaids and unicorns are totally hot right now when it comes to toy trends, and while a mermaid costume could set you back quite a pretty penny, there are some fab craft projects that will save you money while keeping the kids creative.
Every mermaid needs her trident, and below is a super-easy and fun craft project you and your little one can carry out together.
What you will need:
- Plastic ‘devil fork’ (cheap and available in most pound shops)
- Spray paint in a shade of blue or silver
- Hot glue gun
- Shells to decorate
- Glitter and/or embellishments of your choice
What to do:
- Spray your devil fork all over with the spray paint and leave to dry. You might want to do this outside, or in a well-ventilated area on plenty of newspaper.
- Now it’s time to decorate. Take your hot glue gun and start sticking on your shells. A good trick is to stick the shells on at the base of the fork, at the point with the greatest space.
- Sprinkle on some glitter and any other embellishments of your choice to finish off.
Images via Pinterest