With most kids getting around eight weeks off over the summer, it can be quite tricky for parents keeping their little ones amused. However, with the sheer volume of camps and activities to suit all interests (and budgets), there are plenty of options for those who are still trying to figure out camps for their kids.
If you are still deciding childcare arrangements, why not have a look at what's on offer across Ireland:
1. Bushcraft and Survival Camp, Co. Galway
Set in the beautiful grounds of Cregg Castle, this five day camp will introduce kids to a wide variety of survival activities like carving, archery and wilderness cookery.
- Times: 10am - 4:30pm
- Dates: July and August (varies depending on which camp you choose)
- Price: €100pp for the five-day camp or €75 for the three-day camp; click here to book.
2. Space Camp, Blackrock, Co. Dublin
- Times: 9:30am - 12:30
- Dates: July 11th – 15th or 18th – 22nd for 7 – 9 year olds or July 15th – 29th for 10 – 12 year olds.
- Price: €95 per child (10% discount for members‘ and one or more children from the same family); call 021 4326120 or email email@example.com to book.
3. Imaginosity, Sandyford, Co. Dublin
The fun-filled camps will be filled with arts, crafts, music, science experiments -and much much more. Campers will also get supervised 'free play' time during their camp days to explore Imaginosity, and all it has to offer.
- Times: 9.30-1.00pm/2.30pm (depending on age group)
- Week 1: 4th -8th July Star Wars Camp
- Week 2: 11th-15th July Frozen Fever Camp (age 4-6); Descendants Camp (age 7-8)
- Week 3: 8th-22nd July Elves and Fairies Camp (age 4-6); Engineering Camp (age 7-8)
- Week 4: 2nd - 5th August Star Wars Camp
- Week 5: 8th - 12th August Disney's Golden Globes (age 4-6); Spy Academy (age 7-8)
- Week 6: 15th - 19th August Magic (age 4-6); Golden Globes (age 7-8)
- Price: Starting from €100; click here to book.
4. Anyone for Science, various locations across Ireland
The activities this year are all around the themes of botany, food science, pulleys and levers, acid and base chemistry and plastics.
- Times: 10 am - 2 pm
- Price: €150 with discounts for multiple bookings; click here to book.
5. Environmental Summer Camp, Co. Kerry
The children who take part get to experience nature close up and learn about some of the plants animals of Killarney National Park. Killarney National Park Education Centre will be running Summer Camps for 7 to 12 year olds during July and August.
The four-day camps run from Tuesdays to Fridays.
- Times: contact the Park for times.
- Week 1: Tuesday, 5th to Friday, 8th July
- Week 2: Tuesday, 26th to Friday, 29th July
- Week 3: Tuesday, 2nd to Friday, 5th August
- Week 4: Tuesday, 16th to Friday, 19th Aug
- Price: available upon application; click here to book.
If you are still looking for ideas or help, a new online service, Scamps.ie will take the hassle out of finding a camp for your children; they have everything from sports camps, to music camps right through to the arts - so all interests are covered.