Now that school is winding down, and the kids are getting ready for the long summer days ahead, it’s important for us parents to prepare ourselves for the ‘B’ word – boredom.
The last thing you want is for the kids to be twiddling their thumbs or spending their entire days glued to the screen. So, with that in mind, here’s a super-cool craft project that will keep them occupied while expanding their minds.
What you need:
- Clean mason jar (with lid)
- Tempera paint in two to three shades (this is a thicker, high-pigment paint available to buy in craft shops)
- Cotton wool balls
What to do:
- Pour water into the mason jar, filling about one-third of the way up.
- Add a few drops of one shade of paint to the jar, replace the lid, and shake it up.
- Take off the lid and add a healthy sprinkling of glitter to the mixture.
- Pull the cotton balls until they are stretched, then add them to the water until the bottom of the jar is full.
- Fill the jar up another third of the way with water, adding a few drops of a different shade of paint, then shake. Complete the glitter and cotton wool steps.
- Add enough water to fill the jar to the top, and repeat the steps again, using yet another shade of paint.
Images via Pinterest and Pixabay