In fairness, nothing beats a forkful of meat, stuffing and gravy on Christmas day. And with this cranberry, bacon and chestnut stuffing, it will be better than ever!
Cranberry, bacon and chestnut stuffing
- 3 slices streaky bacon, chopped
- 100g dried cranberries
- 150g cooked chestnuts, peeled and roughly chopped
- 450g sausage meat
- 150g fresh breadcrumbs
- 50ml port
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50g butter
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 egg
1. Soak the cranberries in the port overnight.
2. Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Cook the onion, garlic and bacon together for about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat
3. Add all the other ingredients and combine.
4. The stuffing can be turned into balls and fried or baked in a dish until fully cooked through. Alternatively, the stuffing can be pressed into an ovenproof dish and baked for about 35 to 40 minutes at 180°C.