Brussels is a beautiful, visually appealing, architecturally-incredible city with lots of things to see and do. With it only being a short plane trip away, a weekend break to Belgium’s capital city is a must do.
While you can spend your visit wandering around the streets admiring the architecturally perfect city, there are so many other things you need to fit in.
- Go see the Manneken-Pis – a major part of Brussels’ folklore you can find this statue on Rue de l’Etuve.
- If you have cartoon-crazy kids you need to head to the Belgium Comic Strip Centre.
- Visit Bruparck, a 25 hectare amusement park that houses a water park, a cinema and a planetarium.
- Go shopping, particularly among the markets in Place du Grand.
- Visit the Grand Place even when the markets aren’t there.
- Get some chocolate. There is no way you can leave this fabulous city without picking up its famous treat.
- Have a wander around the Royal Museum of the Army and Military History.
- Don’t forget to visit the St. Michael and St. Gudula Cathedral – gorgeous gothic style buildings.
- And finally, for a special royal day, check out the Palais de Justice in Upper Town.
image via Pinterest