Balloons are a total party staple, but we always find that we end up spending a fortune trying to perfect a subtly elegant look using the classic decoration.
The next time you’re planning an event – whether it’s a birthday party or a baby shower – use this simple trick to easily pull your basic balloons into your theme.
What you need:
- A length of white tulle
- Elastic bands
- Fresh filler flowers (Baby’s Breath and lavender work great)
What to do:
- Blow up your balloon and fasten it as normal.
- Cut just enough tulle to be able to cover the balloon and gather at the lip.
- Bunch the extra material at the lip, and tie it in place with an elastic band.
- Take your filler flowers and tie them to the extra material with a length of ribbon.
Tip: Get creative by mixing and matching the colours of your balloons with those of your flowers.
Images via Pinterest