This is quite possibly the best time of the year for crafting, and Halloween 2016 has seen the emergence of a pretty cool trend: pumpkin donuts!
If your little ones have an idle hour and a creative impulse over the mid-term break, this is the perfect project for them.
What you will need:
- Paints in a range of pastel or ‘candy’ colours
- Gloss (optional)
What to do:
- Lay your newspaper out to protect your surfaces.
- Set your pumpkin down, take your paintbrush, and coat the top in a donut/ candy colour. Be sure to leave the centre of the pumpkin blank, to serve as the donut ‘hole’.
- Leave to dry.
- Next, it’s time to add the sprinkles! All you need to do is paint little rectangular strokes of differently-coloured paint across the top.
- Feel like adding a little glaze to your donut? Paint a layer of gloss or varnish over the top, and leave to dry.
- This project works best with multiples, so if you’re planning a display it’s best to make half-a-dozen vibrant donuts.
Tip: Arrange them as the centrepiece on your kitchen table – but be sure to remind everyone that they are not edible!