If we were to use Back To the Future as a point of reference, then we should all be riding around on epic hovercrafts by now. Unfortunately, Marty McFly’s predictions haven’t quite come to pass – but this handy little craft will bring the little ones a step closer!
What you need:
- Old CD
- Medium balloon
- Pop-up bottle lid
What to do:
- Glue the bottom (larger part) of the pop-up bottle lid to the middle part of the CD, right over the hole. Leave to dry.
- Ensure that the pop-up bottle lid is closed.
- Blow up the balloon, pinching it at the lip to keep the air inside.
- Carefully stretch the lip of the balloon over the bottle top lid.
- To watch the hovercraft in action, place it down on a flat surface. Carefully pull the lid to the ‘open’ position (with the balloon still on top).
- Give the hovercraft a push – with air now flowing through the lid and balloon, your creation should take off into the air!
Images via Pinterest and Pixabay.