As parents, we teach our children that lying is not acceptable. However, when it comes to us mums telling a few fibs, it's a whole different kettle of fish - most of us are fairly quick to ignore our own rules!
If you do sprout some white lies every now and then, you'll probably be able to relate to these ten:
1. "If the wind blows while you’re making that face it will stay that way FOREVER"
2. "It’s time for bed (a hour before their normal bedtime)"
Hey, there’s no harm in ensuring they get a little extra shuteye...
3. "If you don’t eat your broccoli you won’t grow up big and strong"
Broccoli is not the only vegetable out there!
4. "We’re almost home"
Even if you’ve another 30 minutes to go
5. "Dinner will be ready in five minutes"
Usually said BEFORE you’ve even decided what you are going to have!
6. "I’ll be back up to tuck you in"
As soon as you hear them creeping down the stairs you start thinking of your excuses: “But Mummy, you promised...”
7. "There are no more crackers left"
Well there are two but you quite fancy crackers and cheese while they're taking a nap.
8. "It’s chicken"
It’s not. It’s fish.
9. "The park is closed on a Tuesday"
Well, it might be...
10. "Mummy always knows what you are up to"
You don’t, but you can’t let them know that!