Finding out your baby's gender before the birth or not is just another thing mums-to-be have to consider when they find out they are expecting. However, it is a HUGE decision, with many people for and many people against!
In order to help you make your choice, have a read of the following five pros and five cons:
1. It means you can actually invest in some colour for your baby’s nursery, and not just have everything in yellow or white!
2. Knowing that you are having a boy or a girl can help you bond with Baby that bit more.
3. Choosing a name is a whole lot simpler. You can really focus in on either boy or girls’ names without as you know exactly what you’re having.
4. It is a lot easier explaining to older siblings that they are about to get a baby brother or sister, rather than a new baby. It may also help them feel more connected to Baby.
5. It’s just as amazing finding out before the birth as it is after – you will still feel the same emotions, joy and excitement (just a lot sooner than nine months!).
1. There are few surprises left in life and sometimes it’s nice to know that you are about to get the best one in nine months time.
2. At the end of the day, gender doesn’t really matter as long as the baby is happy and healthy.
3. Scans are not 100% accurate and they may get it wrong leaving you with all pink clothes for a boy or vice versa!
4. Labour is so hard that it’s nice to have a surprise to look forward to!
5. You can start having expectations of the baby’s future well before they have even entered the world!