Do you wake up every morning feeling like you haven't slept a wink? Do you have to battle your way through the '3pm slump' every hour from noon? Do you struggle to get off the couch (when you find the time to actually sit on it) because you're wrecked?
Well, we may just have the answer to why you are feeling like this: it's because you're a MUM!
Here are ten reasons why mums are tired ALL. THE. TIME:
1. You haven't had an unbroken night’s sleep in YEARS
You’re little one needed a drink of water at 10pm, a trip to the toilet at 1am, and a teddy at 3am... before waking up at 6am ready to start the day.
2. Your brain is in constant overdrive questioning things
What to cook for dinner? How long is too long for TV time? How much sugar is actually in this? Have they had enough proper stimulation today? And so on...
3. You have SO MANY things to remember
Library day, tracksuit days, playdates, birthday parties, school appointments, camps, shopping, deadlines, bills.... Ouch!
4. Because you’re constantly thinking: ‘What should I cook for dinner?’
And that, our friends, is BEYOND exhausting!
5. You are constantly Googling answers to tough questions
Why is the sea blue, Mum? How come water is clear if the sea is blue? How do fish get in the sea? Why is my hair brown but yours in blonde? Why? How? What? When?
6. You have to be about 5 different people in the space of an hour
A doctor, a chef, a taxi driver, a cleaner, a-toy-stuck-behind-the-radiator extractor, oh, and a mum!
7. You don't have time for a coffee
A shot of caffeine would totally cure all our troubles...
8. You have stopped three sibling fights getting out of hand
And it’s only 7am.
9. You can’t sleep at night
Because your brain is CONSTANTLY thinking!
10. Because you’re a mum