Going on holiday wth a baby is A LOT different from the vacations you took before you became a mum.
And while different doesn't necessarily mean bad, there are a few things that are bound to happen as soon as you start packing for your trip...
1. You’ll bring way more than you need
Packing the boot was like a game of jenga...
2. But forget the most important things that you ACTUALLY need
Like a breastpump...
3. You’ll still have to get up early
No, babies don’t tend to lie in, even if you are on vacation.
4. You’ll stress about their sun exposure
Even though they’re dressed in a UV suit, have sun cream on and are in the shade...
5. You’ll see a whole different side to the country you’re in
People are very different (sometimes even nicer) when you are travelling with a baby!
6. You’ll still have to do some washing
You can’t travel back with a poo-covered vest in your suitcase...
7. You’ll end up spending less
There’ll be no late night mad ones on the tiles, unless you’re travelling with a babysitter.
8. You’ll be WAY more careful about where you eat
You may have slummed it during those pre-baby days but now you simply don’t have the time to get food poisoning.
9. You'll spend quite a lot of time sitting in the shade
And wonder why you even bothered going to a sunny destination...
10. But more time ankle-deep in the baby pool
And wishing you'd brought a more glamorous looking kaftan.
But when you arrive home rested and sun-kissed, you'll look back over the week and forever remember the first holiday you and your baby went on together.