For a holiday with a difference, why not head to Cardiff, the capital of Wales, where you will find plenty of things to do for the whole family.
Only a short hop across the Irish Sea you can get there by ferry or aeroplane, making it an ideal location for a short city break.
1. Immerse yourself in culture at Cardiff Castle built by William Burges which dates back to 50A.
2. Hop on your bike and enjoy a cycle around the Taff Trail which will take you through former rail routes and towpaths.
3. Enjoy lunch at one of the fabulous Farmers Market that dot the city.
4. Watch a rugby match or a football game at the Millennium Stadium.
5. For a bit of adventure why not try white water rafting at Cardiff International White Water.
6. Head out of the city for a relaxing Sunday at the National History Museum where you will get to see traditional activities taking place.
7. Kids will love the Castell Coch in Tongwynlais because it looks just like a castle complete with fairytale turrets.
8. Have lunch at Cardiff Bay before enjoying a spot of shopping along the many boutiques.
9. After your shopping, take the waterbus out to the Barrage to enjoy the wonders of civil engineering.
10. Before you head home enjoy a performance of a lifetime at St David’s Hall in The Hayes.
image via Pinterest