If your household is anything like ours, then Despicable Me’s Minions are very popular and much-loved characters. If this is the case, then there is no better theme or inspiration for a fun rainy-day craft. This will not only get your little ones’ creative juices flowing, but it will make them even more excited to crack open that book.
What you will need:
- Card in shades of yellow, blue, black and grey
- Black tassel
- Googly eyes
What to do:
- This isn’t a complicated craft project, but it does require care and attention to detail. Start off by cutting out a long, rectangular piece of yellow card to serve as the bookmark itself.
- Now comes the decoration: cut out a smaller rectangle (about a third of the size of the yellow bookmark) of the blue card, then glue it on at the bottom to resemble the Minion’s dungarees. Cut out two curved ‘straps’ and glue them on as pictured.
- For the face, cut out a strip of black card and glue it on to the yellow, about one-fifth from the top. This will serve as the glasses strap.
- Let the black band serve as your guide for the Minion’s eyes. Cut out two grey circles (a paper-punch will help to keep it a perfect circle) and glue on to the glasses strap. Next, glue your googly eyes (one or two, depending on your character of choice) to finish the face.
- Cut out a semi-circle or arc shape from the black card for the smile, and glue it on.
- For the Minion's hair, take a pin or pencil and make a small hole close to the very top of the bookmark. Take your black tassel and thread it through, securing in a loop.
Images via Pinterest