It may not be Halloween just yet, but the pumpkin is undoubtedly the symbol of autumn. This craft is easy to do and can be reinvented to channel any season, theme or character – it will also get the little ones very excited for trick-or-treating season!
What you will need:
- Cardboard toilet roll holder
- Orange, green and black card
- Tape or glue
What to do:
- Wrap the toilet roll holder in some orange card, and secure with tape or glue.
- Take another sheet of orange card, of the same size, fold it in half and cut vertical slits.
- Tape the second piece of card to the roll, on top of the original layer. Secure it at the top and bottom, so that the slits are left sticking out in the lantern shape.
- Cut out two straight strips of green paper – one to wrap around the base, and one to serve as the handle.
- Cut another jagged green piece to serve as the ‘leaves’ at the top of your pumpkin.
- Glue your three pieces of green card on as pictured – you might need to secure the green handle with a stapler.
- Next, cut out three triangles for your pumpkin’s ‘eyes’ and ‘nose’, as well as a jagged smile. Glue these on, and your pumpkin lantern is complete.
Images via Pinterest