With so much free time coming up over the next few months, it’s time to turn our attention to how we can liven up the average day for our little ones. Even the simplest attraction can entertain our children for hours and get their creative juices flowing, and this is one such a project.
What you will need:
- A hula-hoop
- Pins/ safety pins
- An old sheet
- Ribbons or streamers to decorate
What to do:
- Attach the sheet to the hula-hoop using pins and thread, or safety pins. Fasten the sheet so that it cover three-quarters of the hoop, leaving a section uncovered and open.
- Take some twine and attach it at six to eight different locations on the hoop. Once attached at one end, pull all the strings together – leaving a good size length of string for attaching to the tree – and tie in a knot. Now, when you lift the knotted strings, there should be enough space with which to hang it up.
- Attach streamers and ribbons to decorate, personalising it for your little one.
- Hang your creation from a high branch so that it falls down as pictured. Lay some towels or sheets, and cushions, on the grass underneath the nook, for your child to sit on.
Images via Pinterest