Sometimes basic, everyday ingredients can be really handy for those spur-of-the-moment craft projects on rainy days, and this marble milk art project is a great example of this.
What you will need:
- Almond milk
- Liquid soap
- Food colouring (various different shades for best effect)
- Watercolour paper
- Cotton buds or toothpicks
- A long, shallow tray or dish to fit the paper
- Cut the watercolour paper (it’s stronger than regular paper, so will survive the dipping process) to fit smoothly into the tray or dish you are using.
- Pour three to four tablespoons of milk into the tray at a level that just covers the bottom.
- Add in a few drops of different food colourings onto the milk surface, followed by a few squirts of liquid soap.
- Once these all start to mix, take a cotton bud or toothpick and start to swirl the colouring around to create a marbled and colourful design.
- Before it mixes into one big messy colour, lay the paper lightly and flat on top of the liquid.
- Lift it out and set it aside to dry.
Images via Pinterest