From family portraits with a twist to pretty print canvases, there are so many wonderful ideas of how to brighten up the house with some personalised artwork. This is one of our favourite ideas, and one that will be perfect in your child’s bedroom or playroom.
What you will need:
- A blank canvas
- Poster paints in a range of colours
- A paintbrush
- A basin/ container
- A pencil
- Decide where you want to position the letter and the footprint butterfly, then, using stencils or going freehand, draw a rough outline or sketch to guide you.
- Using a basin or another container, pour two different paints out, being careful not to mix them up too much.
- Providing plenty of support so they don’t slip, get your child to step into the paint gently with their foot and press it carefully down onto the canvas.
- Repeat the previous step, this time with the other foot, and place it carefully down parallel to the first print. Leave a small space in between for the butterfly’s body.
- Leave the ‘wings’ to dry, then paint on the butterfly’s body using a black or dark paint.
- Once dry, and again, using either stencils or going freehand, paint your letter to complete the picture. Leave to dry.
- Hang in your child’s bedroom or in the playroom to add a splash of colour to the walls.
Images via Pinterest