It’s always handy to have some rainy-day craft ideas to hand during the summer holidays, and this is one that will get the kids’ creative juices really flowing.
What you will need:
- Liquid glue
- Food colouring
- Picture frame
- Toothpicks or toothbrushes
What to do:
- You can either work with the glass within or without the frame; however, if you are going to work while it’s in the frame, make sure it is positioned so you are painting on the back of it.
- Squirt glue all over the frame; this will provide the base upon which the colours will stick.
- Add one drop of food colouring at a time to different sections of the glass. Do this gradually, being careful to separate out your colour sections at first, so as not to end up with a muddy-looking mess.
- To mix the colours together at different sections, take a toothpick and carefully ‘drag’ the colours over.
- Once your design is finished, leave it to one side for the glue to dry.
Image via Pinterest