Teenagers are a whole species on their own: they're awake all night, sleep all day and have a look that would slice you to the core, but we love them all the same!
However, if we could give them a house to live in all their own during these turbulent years we totally would!
Here are eight reasons why living with teens requires a lot of skill and patience. Lots of patience.
1. Doors will be slammed
Sometimes the house will ACTUALLY shake with the force!
2. Clothes will be EVERYWHERE
Bathroom, bedroom, utility room, landing, hall... anywhere your teen has been.
3. Clean clothes will end up on the laundry basket
‘Cause it’s easier than folding it up and putting it in the wash basket.
4. Your bath will turn a strange colour
Whether it’s from hair dye or fake tan, it’s worth investing in a a LARGE bottle of bleach!
5. You’ll hear “I hate you” at least once a day
They’re a tough crowd.
6. The fridge will constantly need refilling
Teens eat A LOT!
7. Your home will be constantly overloaded with smells
And not all of them will be nice!
8. You'll feel like you're living in drop-in shelter
With the amount of times you have to answer the door to friends!