It would seem as though everywhere we look, there is a new fidget spinner-related piece of news - whether it is a new product (like lipgloss) or a danger that comes with the toy. 


Well, the latest piece of news surrounding the super-popular children's toy is very concerning. 


Recently,  Michelle Carr walked into her kitchen to discover that her kid's fidget spinner had caught fire all on its own. YIKES. 


"I always pick up a new one for the kids, for myself. I like to spin them. They are fun," explained the mum, who is a big fan of the toy. 


"They're just simple, little things you spin, and I love to play with them. I guess as a smoker, you don't smoke as much," Carr said of the benefits of the toy. 


"If they're in your hands, you're fidgeting with them, you don't smoke."


Image result for fidget spinner


However, she then divulged what had happened the day of the fire: "Right here in this bookcase, I could see the reflection," Carr told NBC News. "The fidget spinner was on fire on my counter."


Michelle did explain that her fidget spinner was not your classic toy - this one had Bluetooth.


"Hooks up to your phone... your Bluetooth, so you can play your music, so you can still spin it, it lights up and plays your music all at the same time," she explained.


"It's the same cord I use for my baby monitor, and I just simply had it plugged in like this, and it was laying right here on fire," she said.


Michelle wants other parents to be aware of the dangers of fidget spinners.


"I personally won't buy another one because of the fear of it," she said. "But I know there are tonnes of kids who want to go get them. But if you plug them in, just stay by and make sure it's charged and it doesn't catch."


Carr said the spinner didn't come with directions on how to charge it, or with a charger whatsoever.


Has this happened to anyone else?