The toilet isn’t exactly the nicest part of the house, and giving it a full power-clean takes time. For those in-between days, when you just need to freshen the loo up, these super-cheap and easy-to-make toilet pods will come in handy.
What you will need:
- 1 cup baking soda
- ¼ cup citric acid
- 1 tbsp washing-up liquid
- Essential oil (optional)
- Ice cube tray
What to do:
- Take your baking soda and citric acid, pop them in the bowl and stir them together.
- Next, add in the washing-up liquid and mix it all together until your concoction turns damp and crumbly.
- If you would like to give your bombs a scent, add in a few drops of essential oil.
- Add spoonfuls of the mixture to each section of your ice cube tray, and pack them in tightly.
- Leave to dry for a few hours, then pop them out and store them in a container.
- Simply drop a pod into the toilet, let it fizz and totally disintegrate, then flush it away.
Images via Pinterest