LloydsPharmacy want to reassure customers that service will continue to be provided to communities across the country. All 90 stores nationwide are fully operational and store colleagues are working tirelessly during this pressurised time to support customers, they remain focused and committed to serving customers and patients across the country.
LloydsPharmacy teams have introduced a number of new steps in stores to protect the health and safety of all patients and colleagues. The following precautionary measures have been implemented and are continually reviewed:
- Temporary Perspex screens are being installed at the dispensary tills in every Pharmacy this week
- Patients and customers are being asked, where possible, to pay by contactless as it is quicker and more hygienic
- To maintain social distancing guidelines, restrictions that limit the number of customers in store at any one time have been introduced. Pharmacies are being equipped with temporary barriers so that customers can queue 2 meters apart
- Customers on repeat prescriptions are being asked to call ahead for their prescriptions to avoid unnecessary waiting in the pharmacy
- Customers are asked to wait outside or in their cars if there are delays in store preparing scripts
- Family, friends or neighbours are asked to collect for elderly or vulnerable people
These measures have been introduced to ensure the care of LloydsPharmacy customers and colleagues is at the heart of everything we do. LloydsPharmacy teams across the country are there to help in any way they can and want to reassure the public that there is no need to stockpile or purchase in bulk as medicines are continually restocked. In line with regulatory guidelines only one month’s Prescription medication can be dispensed to patients.
Pat Watt Sales and Marketing Director, LloydsPharmacy Ireland said “The management at LloydsPharmacy would like to thank all our colleagues for their hard work, dedication and unwavering commitment to their customer and patients during these challenging times.”
Over the last number of days there have been instances of misinformation in relation to COVID-19 across social media and other channels. LloydsPharmacy encourage customers to only gain news and insights from trusted and reliable sources, such as HSE.ie. Regular updates on LloydsPharmacy stores will be available at www.lloydspharmacy.ie and from the LloydsPharmacy official social media channels.