Is it teething time for your little one?

 

A mum whose daughter wound up in a coma after taking ecstasy has taken to Facebook to warn of the dangers of the drug.

 

Kerry Robinson, from Manchester, took to the social media site to share harrowing photos of her seriously ill daughter, Leah.

 

The 16-year-old was reportedly at a party over Christmas when she took the drug. Her body had a serious reaction to the pill, and she ended up in an induced coma, in hospital.

 

 

 A devastated Kerry posted a photo of Leah from her hospital bed, explaining: “My daughter had a brain scan and [was] put in a coma because she took ecstasy. She is in a bad way.”

 

“Please, let there be a God…This is what ecstasy does – please don’t take them,” she urged.

 

 

Thankfully, a later update revealed that Leah was ‘going to be OK’, but Kerry expressed fears that other teens in their locality may be similarly affected by the drugs.

 

Police are now said to be investigating the incident.

27 Shares

Latest

Trending

Hello Mama!
Help us help you by allowing us and our partners to remember your device as having browsed MummyPages and serve you better content and ads

We're on a mission to help our mums and their families thrive by informing, connecting and entertaining.

Join us in our mission by consenting to the use of cookies and IP address recognition by us and our partners to serve you content (including ads) best suited to your interests, both here and around the web.

We promise never to share any other information that may be deemed personal unless you explicitly tell us it's ok.

If you want more info, see our privacy policy.