Flying with kids is definitely the part of the holiday that many of us mums would GLADLY skip.
Not only do you have to pack a million toys into one tiny carry-on case (for fear they get bored for even a moment), you also have to try to control them AND carry everything on board.
In fact, a few days before we go, many of us mums find ourselves making deals with the wish fairies for even just one of the following seven things!
1. Someone would come along and take them out of your arms so you can sleep for ten minutes
Just TEN minutes.
2. The plane is half empty so you can spread out your legs
And put some distance between siblings.
3. The kids fall asleep more or less straight away
For the ENTIRE trip... or is that asking for too much?
4. They don’t need to go to the toilet
Because two people DO NOT fit in that tiny cubicle, and they are TERRIFIED of the flushing sound (well it does sound like it would suck a fully grown adult out of the plane...)
5. They occupy themselves - in silence
Even just long enough for you to eat something or drink some tea - even just a small cup.
6. That no one sits in front of them
So you don’t have to constantly tell them to sit still...
7. You get a window seat
So you can (kind of) 'trap' them in there and not spend the entire trip running around after them.