Is it teething time for your little one?

From rubber gloves to unusual creatures, parents have been discovering all sorts of dangerous objects in their children's food of late, but today's report is one of the most shocking we have ever read.


An American couple were left horrified after rushing their two-year-old daughter to hospital, only to be told that she had been accidentally served sangria rather than cranberry juice at a restaurant.


Derek and Gabriella Gilliam decided to bring their young daughter out for dinner with them, with the family sitting down to a meal at the Texas Roadhouse in North Carolina.


The parents grew concerned, however, when their little one began making strange faces after being served up her 'juice' by the staff.



Fearful for their daughter's wellbeing, the couple brought her to hospital, where they were informed by doctors that she had accidentally ingested alcohol. As it turned out, the child had accidentally been served up sangria rather than juice.


Commenting on the frightening  incident, Mrs Gilliam told Fox News: "You shouldn't have to be scared for your two-year-old over some stupid mistake like that."


The restaurant, part of a larger chain, has apologised to the Gilliams over what it has described as an 'honest mistake'.


In a statement, management added: "We are taking this incident as an opportunity to look for ways to make our systems even better in order to prevent this from ever happening again.”




Hello Mama!
Help us help you by allowing us and our partners to remember your device as having browsed MummyPages and serve you better content and ads

We're on a mission to help our mums and their families thrive by informing, connecting and entertaining.

Join us in our mission by consenting to the use of cookies and IP address recognition by us and our partners to serve you content (including ads) best suited to your interests, both here and around the web.

We promise never to share any other information that may be deemed personal unless you explicitly tell us it's ok.

If you want more info, see our privacy policy.