If you are gearing up to make some yummy pancakes this Tuesday the 8th then you’re going to need the right equipment to create the perfect pancakes.
Marks and Spencers have the equipment, toppings and ingredients you’ll need to make tasty pancakes for the whole family.
They have everything from specially made pancake pans (€7), whisks (€7), mixing bowls (€20), mini silicone utensils (€7) and caramel sauce (€4), as well as all the ingredients you need. And of course if you are feeling a little lazy, M&S also have ready made batter (€2.75).
If you do want to make your pancakes form scratch but you aren’t sure how to go about making perfect pancakes for your family here are instructions to make sure you get it just right.
To make 12 pancakes:
- Sift 110g Organic Plain Flour and a pinch of Salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the flour and break in two Free Range Eggs.
- Whisk the mixture together, taking flour from the edge of the bowl.
- Gradually add a mixture of 200ml Semi-Skimmed Milk and 200ml water and beat until the batter is smooth.
- Pour one ladle of the mixture into a non-stick pancake pan and swirl around the pan.
- Turn over half way through cooking – toss in the air if you’re feeling confident!
The first pancake never turns out right so it’s best to throw this one out. The rest should turn out perfectly so why not pour on some M&S caramel sauce and enjoy this delicious treat!