If you are anything like us, you will no doubt have an entire drawer dedicated to scraps of wool leftover from various craft and school projects. If you’re looking for a fun and creative way to use these up, we have just the solution for you – a pretty wool monogrammed letter decoration.
What you will need:
- Strong cardboard
- A pencil
- A ruler
- A pair of scissors
- An adhesive (tape or glue)
- Differently coloured balls of wool
- Flowers and ribbon to decorate
- Draw your chosen letter (using stencils or rulers to guide) on some strong cardboard.
- Carefully cut out the letter and, using your pencil and ruler, mark out different sections for the various colours of the wool.
- Fastening the first piece of wool to the back of the letter, carefully wind the wool around. When you reach the end of your section, fasten the wool at the back where it won’t be seen.
- Repeat the step with another colour. Opting for varying shades of one colour will create a pretty ombré effect.
- When you’re finished winding the wool over the entire front surface of the letter, stick on flowers or other decorations to complete.
- Attach a piece of ribbon, tied in a loop, to the back to create a pretty wall hanging.
Images via Pinterest