Our canvas shoes are lifesavers during the summer, whether we are just pottering around the house or going for walks. Have a pair of white ones that are a little too faded to be seen outside? This DIY dip-dye project will give them a new lease of life.
What you will need:
- A pair of shoes
- Fabric dye
- A basin
What to do:
- Mix your dye solution in a basin big enough to fit the shoes.
- Take a dollop of Vaseline and rub it around the base, sides and sole of the shoes. This will act as a barrier so that the dye won’t run onto the pieces you want to keep blank.
- Dip the front part of your shoes into the dye solution, making this the darkest part.
- To create the ombré effect, take a cloth and dab the dye, dragging it backwards across the shoe. Keep the very back of the shoe blank.
- Leave to dry on some newspaper.
Tip: Use basins of different coloured dyes to create a multi-coloured design. This would be a great project for your little ones, too.
Images via Pinterest