Nothing says summer style like a bright and colourful tie-dye look, and it is surprisingly cheap and easy to do at home.
What you will need:
- Plain white item of clothing
- Elastic bands
- Washing soda
- Various clothing dyes
- Surgical gloves
What to do:
- Soak the item of clothing in a sink of water and washing soda for five to 15 minutes, to get the dye to stick.
- Squeeze the excess water from the item. Gather random pieces of material into small bunches and fasten them with elastic bands.
- Pull on some surgical gloves to protect your skin from the dye. Dip each section into the various dyes – you can even double-up on colours in some parts.
- Place the garment in a plastic bag for six to eight hours, then remove the elastic bands and rinse it under the cold tap until the water runs dry.
- Wash in hot water, making sure to keep it separate from other garments for the first few washes.
Images via Pinterest