Have a fancy party or wedding coming up but can’t afford to splash the cash on a new bag? This DIY straw clutch requires minimum time, cash and energy – and it is just gorgeous.
What you will need:
- Cheap straw place mat
- Craft glue
- Leather belt
What to do:
- Fold the place mat, leaving about four inches free on top to act as the fold-over.
- Glue the sides together, using clothes pins to hold them in place while it dries.
- Wrap the belt around the bag as pictured, deciding how long you want it to be and cutting off any excess.
- Next, you need to glue the belt to the bag. You only need to glue the belt to the back of the bag; this leaves the part at the front free to open and close it.
- Leave to dry, and voila - you have a pretty summer bag that will take you anywhere!
Images via Pinterest