We've all reached a point where we are officially 'done' with sugar and want nothing more to do with those evil little crystals, right?
Following a particularly bad binge, many of us often decide to make a stand, announce our decision to cut out sugar completely and inform friends and family we'll emerge from our detox revived and rejuvenated.
This cold turkey method, born of a desire to feel instantly better, rarely works and only leaves us craving sweet things and facing an onslaught of difficult decisions when it comes to our grocery lists and restaurant choices.
Here are just ten emotional thoughts we all experience when trying to cut out the demon sugar.
1. Will I be able to do this? Sugar is so nice...and sugary."
Yes, I will because I can do anything I put my mind to, damn it.
2. "It's been three hours and I am feeling pretty good!"
Except for my teeth which still appear to be coated in a carpet of sugar despite endless brushing.
3. "Why did I get myself in this position in the first place?"
If I hadn't been so greedy and disgusting all week, I could be having a cookie right now.
4. "If celebrities and the woman in the beauticians can do this, so can I."
I'll be one of those women everyone else is jealous of.
5. "I need a coffee and I can't have coffee without chocolate."
I don't want water and I hate my life.
6. "How can sugar have such an appalling effect?"
I mean honestly, it should be outlawed.
7. "How will having a cookie actually affect me in the grand scheme of things though?"
I'll just get it out of my system and then I can start afresh.
8. "You know, it's all my mum's fault that I have a sweet tooth."
I should ring her and giver her a right earful.
9. "But first a biscuit to calm my nerves before the dramatic showdown"
Oh my God, so good. So, so good.
10. "You're a failure."
It's not even 11am.